Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Daily Yoga:Yoga During Menstruation Program Review

So the app Daily Yoga...

I love that app so much. I have the free version because a shorty got 3 whole kids though. So for those that don't know they have sessions and programs. The programs span over a certain amount of time with a certain focus. I knew when I saw the session for that time of the month I knew that I wanted to try it because that time of the month is sacred and sometimes painful. I knew that controlled breathing would help the pain. Yoga is pretty good with the controlled breathing so I jumped in as soon as I had my cycle in January(yes it took 3 months to get this review but I'm about to explain why). The first go around I only did 3 days. Day 2 I couldn't do it. My cramps were persistent in my lower back and with 3 little ones and bending over constantly most of the day (as a stay at home mom) so i had to rest. My periods are about 4 days long so I didn't want to do the rest of the program on a non flow day. So.....I waited until February. And finished the program off. Something just didn't seem right. I know i"m only one person and our cycles are all different so I knew I needed to do it again. Since I can usually, but not always) tell  before my cycle comes i decided to start the day my cycle started, and not wait til i had a flow. Let me say that was the smartest thing I did. It helped me get a better idea of my breathing and I could just breathe through the cramps. It felt better than the other times i started. It set the tone for the rest of the week too. It was more and more comfortable each day. 

Day 2 I was able to feel the difference it was making in my body and mind. I felt stronger. Maybe it was because I powered through a yoga session on my friggin period. I felt so sacred as a woman. As I flow from pose to pose and my flow being so heavy when it starts i realized how powerful and amazing women are. How power our bodies are. We bend, we don't break. One of the main reasons I started yoga was to be closer to my inner self and that session really had me feeling myself. The rest of the week followed suit. By day 5(stay active) my flow was at its lightest and just like any tap down to the dripping I felt old, crusty, nasty and dusty and I just wanted the day to be over so the finally flow would be done. But that  day i need to Stay Active because i felt drained. I know you know what I"m talking about. You can't explain it but you're just...blah. 

This is great because this session gave me life. This session help me get some energy back and the next day I "regained flexibility". If there is one time you should do some yoga or stretching is during or after your period. If you refuse to do yoga then just try some stretching afterward. I don't know about you but I always feels so tight after my period. It just always feels like my body is shriveling up or something. Its just not as "bright" as before. But I felt like I was physically back to normal.
They knew what they were doing with this Program. They kept you right on the fence depending on your particular cycle. Kept things as neutral as possible. Women of all body types and yoga experience can do this program and benefit from it. Its awesome.

And after the body gets itself together you have the final day. And that is the longest session. Its a half hour long and so worth it. The rest are 10-20 minutes long, but this one is like a total body, energy boosting, lady loving, meditation  journey to get the body and mind back to 100% and ready to deal with real life again, even though for most of us nothing stops when we're on our cycles but you get the idea. I absolutely love this program. Each session was designed with the flow of the cycle in mind,. I highly suggest doing it if you're ion your period. I HIGHLY recommend getting the app Daily Yoga. This app has been a life saver and a great teacher to someone as new as I am to yoga. 

If you want to do a SHORT Yoga journey post I can. I've started and stopped yoga several times over the years and with Daily Yoga I've actually started a regime ad seem to be able to keep it up. So go ahead and check it out. And remember this is my life blog...there will be more than yoga, and more crazy. I love you and til next time keep shining 

No comments:

Post a Comment